Phone Number: 651-291-7263
Fax Number: 888-795-1753
Bill Sand is a founding partner of Sand Law, LLC. As a litigator, he represents individuals who have suffered serious injuries. Bill began taking on cases involving traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) after meeting his wife – a doctor practicing in the area of neurosurgery. Today, a significant amount of Bill’s practice is devoted to cases involving TBIs.
Bill attended college at Hamline University where he served as captain of the men’s baseball team. He then attended law school at the University of San Diego where he was awarded the Honorable Louis M. Welsh Endowed Scholarship. This award is given to the person that best “exemplifies the highest ethical standards and believes in the humanity of the law” and who demonstrates a “passionate desire to fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a trial lawyer.” While in law school Bill spent time with the public defenders office, worked for a civil litigation firm, and authored published articles pertaining to various state agencies.
After law school Bill entered the field of child advocacy law and helped obtain millions of dollars in services for children. He later turned his focus to personal injury law and began experiencing similar results. Bill has experienced uncommon success with an abnormally high success rate for his clients at all stages of litigation – from jury verdicts to judicial rulings.
Selected Case Results:
- $13,500,000.00: Mr. Sand was part of a legal team that secured $13.5M in services for a permanently disabled client (prior to founding Sand Law)
- Confidential settlement for a client injured in a negligence matter
- $402,500.00 for a client injured in a negligence matter
- $150,000.00 for a client injured in a negligence matter
- $140,000.00 for a client injured in a premises liability matter
- $114,000.00 for a client injured in a premises liability matter
- $100,000.00 auto accident injury settlement (maximum policy limits)
- $90,000.00 jury verdict in a civil negligence trial
Outside of the law Bill enjoys spending time with his wife and kids, playing music, and coaching amateur baseball. His community involvement has consisted of coaching Special Olympics, volunteering at care centers for the elderly, and founding a number of youth baseball camps.
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California – J.D.
- Hamline University, Saint Paul, Minnesota – B.A.
- Minnesota Association For Justice
- American Association For Justice
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Board of Pharmacy Review, California Regulatory Reporter, 2012
- Special Education Law Seminar, Sylvan Learning Center
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2018 – 2020
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Plaintiff’s Attorney – Minnesota
- Avvo 10.0 Superb Rating
- Justia 10.0 Attorney Rating
- The Honorable Louis M. Welsh Endowed Scholarship
- Hamline University Athletic Department Commitment to Excellence Award
Pro Bono Activities
- Special Olympics Coach
- Amateur Baseball Coach